RELOADING COST CALCULATOR
We provide this tool to help you calculate the cost of reloading, you can use this data to see where you can save money by reloading over purchasing new ammunition.
HOW TO MEASURE YOU RELOADING COST
Reloading is a hobby and a passion for many, but it also can add up so we've created this handy form so you can compare the cost of reloading your own ammunition vs. purchasing new. Follow the instructions to get the most accurate results.
When entering your pricing data do NOT include a $ - this will cause errors and the output will be zero. All data is required in order for the calculator to work.
The reloading cost calculator is designed to work with the number of components you bought at a given price so if you bought 1000 primers for $35 then enter those numbers into the calculator. We have found that dividing your brass cost by the number of times you plan to reload it helps give a more accurate representation of your reloading costs. Many of our competition shooters use a formula of dividing by 10 but you may feel free to use whatever factor you feel is most appropriate.
DATA ENTRY FORMAT
- Quantity = qty of projectiles purchased
- Price Paid = cost of all projectiles purchased
- Quantity = qty of casings purchased
- Price Paid = cost of all casings purchased
- Quantity = qty of primers purchased
- Price Paid = cost of all primers purchased
- Quantity = qty of powder purchased (pounds)
- Charge Weight = weight per round (grains)
- Price Paid = cost of all powder purchased