Due to increased demand, order delivery may take 2 - 4 weeks or more on some products. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your understanding as we work to fulfill your order.
walterlaich
walterlaich
49 posts
Joined March 2008

success with RF 100

I was having similar problems with LP primers when I went to Winchester primers. Federals were great but 'not to be found'

I even took out the 4 screws that hold the clear Lexan cover on, put two of them back in FROM THE BOTTOM of the holes and this way it is easy to remove the cover to get at the stablizer tray. THIS TOTALLY DEFEATS THE SAFETY ASPECT OF THE COVER--yes I know that.

After days and untold hours of 'messing' with it I hit on a solution for Winchester primers: run the machine at the slowest speed that will "just" move the primers. Some times I end up with a few that didn't make it down the tube (ran out of time?) but I get them the next time.

So far I'm done 500 primers and it's working!

Big test will be when I reinstall the Lexan cover correctly

walt
jaymanges
jaymanges
8 posts
Joined January 2013

RE: success with RF 100

Walter,
In my experience, these machines are very fussy. Took me a while to figure out my machine only likes CCI primers. Anything else will jam. My buddy, on the other hand, his machine only like Winchester primers. As much as I have tinkered with this machine, I can't explain why. However, since you found what your machine likes, I suggest you stick with it.
CounterMeasure
CounterMeasure
1 post
Joined May 2015

RE: success with RF 100

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would share my thoughts.

I just received mine yesterday. Let's put aside the fact that they shipped me a large primer conversion kit with the small primer tube in it. As usual, Dillon CS was quick to make that right, and now I wait on the new tube.

The first thing I was perplexed by was the need for tools to remove the cover and stabilizer plate. Tinkering to get it to run right is a pain when you have to use tools to get it apart and put back together.

What I did was buy four 1/4"-20x4" bolts and Home Depot, as well as matching lock nuts and wing nuts. Thread the bolts up from the bottom. Use the lock nuts to hold the bolts in place in the baseplate as well as to act as spacers to have the Lexan cover stand off higher. Use the wing nuts to secure the cover or quickly remove it. Safety aspect of the cover is maintained and now allows for quick access.

As to why I wanted the cover higher, that's because I used a cut-off #10-24 bolt and matching wingnut in place of the allen head bolt on for the stabilizer plate. Now I can remove that little plate to clear a jam by just removing the wing nut there.

Now the only tool I need is the 1/8" allen wrench to change the colored primer insert. I can live with that.

I personally wish it would have come from the factory like that. I hope this info helps others make their machines a little less frustrating!