RL550B Cleaning and LubricationSep 23rd, 2016
Before you get started with the cleaning and lubrication of your RL550B you might want to check out these helpful videos:
- First, remove the shellplate, handle and then the primer system from the machine. Next, remove the two bolts that attach the platform to the top of the shaft, and lift off the platform.
- Now remove the set screw from the bottom of the shaft. This allows you to push out the cross pin that connects the bottom of the shaft to the crank, pushes out either way. Be aware that when you remove this pin, the shaft will fall out.
- Once the shaft is removed, the upper link arm pins can be removed. One upper link arm pin, typically the right side, is hollow. Run a long punch (an 8D nail with the point cut off works well) thru the hollow pin to pound out the solid pin. Run the punch thru from the opposite side to pound out the hollow pin.
- With both pins removed, the link arms and crank assembly are now released. Use grease on the pivot pins, 30wt motor oil on the shaft. Don't use WD-40, break-free, or any aerosol lubricants.
- Reassemble in the reverse.
- When reattaching the platform, a special alignment tool is required. It is available at no charge just by calling and asking for one.
We have several helpful videos on our site. Just scroll down until you find the one you need.Follow us on Facebook.
Thank you for your feedback!