XL650 High PrimersSep 29th, 2016
- First, be sure the primer seater assembly is fully threaded snugly up into the underside of the platform. Use a 9/16" open end wrench to do this.
- If it is tight, then remove the primer seating assembly, disassemble it and clean it.
- Next, push down on the edge of the shellplate at station 4. If it feels springy, then the shellplate bolt needs to be snugged down a bit more.
- Examine the cases that don't prime properly to see if they have crimped primer pockets. Additionally, some foreign brands of ammo have tighter primer pockets than domestic brands.
- If your bench top is plywood, it can flex enough to cause variations in primer seating. We recommend 1" particle board as a minimum.
- Be sure that the handle doesn't stop against anything when you push forward on the handle.
- Make sure the sheet metal loaded round chute bracket is not bent towards the platform. If bent, it can catch on the edge of the platform, and inhibit full forward movement of the handle.
We have several helpful videos on our site. Just scroll down until you find the one you need.Follow us on Facebook.
Thank you for your feedback!