RL550B Primer Feed IssuesSep 25th, 2016
Testing to see if the primer cup and punch are fully seated in the primer slide:
- Remove the primer slide from the primer feed and using calipers:
- Measure from the underside of the primer slide to the top of the primer cup, the measurement should be 1.215" to 1.220".
- If necessary, use a clamp or vise to reseat when tightening the set screw.
When cleaning, use steel wool or a Scotchbrite pad to scrub the sides and bottom of the primer slide, along with the top of the frame where the slide rides. When finished wipe with alcohol.
Be sure the clamp that the wire rod fits into is straight, and the hole in this clamp that the wire fits into is greased.
To insure that the operating rod is not interfering:
- Remove the operating rod that moves the primer slide back and forth.
- Next, pull the handle down, and manually pull the primer slide back and see if it picks up a primer.
- If it does, then it could be the hole in the bracket that the operating rod fits into is worn.
- Alternatively, see if the operating rod freely pivots in this bracket. There could be some metal transfer onto the short end of the operating rod. If yes, scrub it with a scotchbrite pad, lightly grease the short end of the rod, then test it.
We have several helpful videos on our site. Just scroll down until you find the one you need.Follow us on Facebook.